Post #462 written by Khodok in Khodok's Blog Updates
Design changes and fixes
- A lot of tiny changes here and there.
- Some things would appear an instant after the page has finished loading.
- Some components were unified further to simplify the code and prevent future bugs.
- Even though archives aren’t an important part of the website anymore, they’ve been rendered usable.
Database and Django updates
- Upgraded to Django 4.2, and to follow this change, the switch from MySQL 5.7 to MySQL 8 was made.
- Made a ton of code changes to make the website load faster, be more secure, and be more consistent in its design.
- Removed some packages when they could be made from scratch, prevents having to rely on too much Third-Party code.
Overall, the website has been rendered more consistent in code and design, it’s been made faster to load, too. As a bonus, the code is smaller, more reliable, and the design is better.
I haven’t made update posts like that in a while, again because of the Professional Maturity, but that should hopefully be over soon.